This year will be our 4th year at Camp Bestival and saying we are excited is an understatement!
Last year, however, we discovered a new way to camp and will never go back to general camping again.
Pitch Village takes the fuss out of festivals so you can get back to enjoying the bands and amazing atmosphere! They are a “pre-pitched accommodation provider” which means they will have everything from the tent pitched to the mattress inflated before you arrive on site.
The benefits of staying with Pitch Village
1. One Car: Before now we have had to take two cars as getting 4 children and our huge tent and equipment in one was impossible
2. Parking: You get to park in the boutique car park which is much closer to where your tent is pitched, saving your legs on the trips to the car to collect all your equipment
3. Pre-Pitched Tent: There is no denying it – Lulworth is hilly and to find a flat pitch you have to get there early on Thursday. Trying to pitch your tent, make the numerous trips to the car and keep an eye on 4 kids is stressful, so having a pre-pitched tent, on flat ground means you can arrive a bit later on Thursday and head off to explore without the hassle of setting up.
4. Mattress & Sleeping Bags: They also provide the self-inflating mattresses and sleeping bags, saving even more room in the car!!
5. Private Toilets: Festival Toilets are notoriously a bit smelly, especially just before they get emptied. Pitch Village has private toilets with dedicated cleaners to keep them fresh and clean
6. Shower Units / Freshen Up Tent: Camp Bestival does provide hot showers, but unless you get up stupidly early, there is always a long queue for them. Pitch Village has their own private showers with lots of lovely hot water and a Freshen Up Tent, with hairdryer’s, Straighteners and Mirror’s, plus a baby changing area, if you need it.
7. Free tea & coffee: Need a cup of tea or coffee to get going in the morning? Pitch Village has their own facilities to make one any time of day or night
8. 24/7 Customer Reception, and Customer Service Staff: Pitch Village is zoned off from general camping and is manned by 24 hour security and service staff. They have a secure area to store your valuables and will even charge your phones too
9. Quiet: Staying at Pitch Village is a lot quieter, as Camp Bestival does get quite noisy, especially when people are heading back to their tents at night and there is no danger of a late arrivers pitching their tent on top of yours.
10. Heading Home: When it is time to head home you only have to take what you have brought in the first place, so no taking a tent back down and playing car jenga to fit it and all the other camping paraphernalia all back in again.
Pitch Village are not just at Camp Bestival. You can also find them at HebCelt Festival, Belladrum, Houghton Festival, Bestival and Festival No.6.
What are your best Festival camping tips?